Chris is a Consultant in Wisewould Mahony’s Employment and Workplace Relations department.
Areas of Expertise
Chris has over 25 years experience in Employment Law and Workplace Relations having represented numerous employers and employees regarding employment contracts, workplace policies, redundancies, unfair dismissals and occupational health and safety matters.
Chris has also personally represented these groups and people at the Fair Work Commission, Federal Circuit Court and Federal Court.
Chris provides legal advice and assistance on all aspects of employment law and workplace relations including:
- Fair Work Legalisation: compliance, implementation and enforcement.
- Terminations: dismissals, redundancy, disciplinary procedure and unfair dismissals.
- Employment agreements: enterprise agreements, staff contracts, executive contracts and contractor agreements.
- Policies: letters of offer, appropriate use of IT, privacy and all other human resources procedures.
- Industrial Relations: enterprise bargaining, union issues and industrial action.
- Transmission of business: sale of business, insolvency, restructuring and change management.
- Restraint of Trade: confidentiality, privacy, cyber-crime.
- Discrimination law: representation before anti-discrimination tribunals, policy advice and staff training.
- Representation: Industrial Relations Commission, Discrimination Tribunals, Magistrates Court (Industrial Division), Federal Magistrates Court, Federal Court and all other jurisdictions.
- Occupational Health and Safety.
- Workplace Training.
Chris has a degree in Law and is admitted to practice in both Victoria and South Australia.